.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 04, 2008

 

My Piece Of A Really Big Crow

A lot of Super Bowl XLII viewers are eating crow today and I'm one of them. Richard Corey, a public servant, a close friend of mine, and an infrequent blogger, called me during the second quarter of last night's big game. A brief transcript of the relevant parts of our conversation follows.

Richard: "Are you watching the Super Bowl?"

Daniel: "I'm flipping around between it and a couple of other things."

Richard: "I think the Giants are going to win this one."

Daniel: "You'd be about the only one in the country who thinks that. The Patriots are going to walk away with a perfect 19-0 record tonight. They haven't lost a game all year."

Oops.

The Giants beat the Patriots with a last-minute touchdown. The final score was 17-14.

If it was a real beer, I'd say that a bottle of Pawtucket Patriot would be a fitting compliment to my Crow platter. Since I can't have a "Pawtucket Pat" to wash it down with, I guess I'll spice it up with some of that picante sauce they make in New York City (but don't tell my friends in San Antonio).

Being that Giants Quarterback Eli Manning was the QB at Ole Miss while I was a student at Mississippi State, I'm prone to saying bad things about him. After this season, I'm learning to get past all that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?