.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 04, 2008

 

Best. Sponsor. Ever.

With the latest episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force just a soon-to-be-fleeting memory, I decided to go for a little drive and to pick up a late night snack while I was out. Shortly after driving through the exit gate at the front of my apartment complex, I noticed that it was 2:30 in the morning. That meant it was time for the bottom of the hour news update on KRLD.

With the green numbers of the half hour mark glowing on the clock in front of me, I turned on the radio. The KRLD anchor read a series of stories. Among those stories was one about the now-needless preparations that law enforcement officials in Boston had made for Super Bowl victory celebrations. Then came the traffic report. Shortly after the toss from the anchor to the traffic reporter, I heard what has got to be the best sponsor announcement I've ever heard. That hour's KRLD traffic report was brought to me by the makers of Kaopectate.

What better sponsor of a traffic report could there possibly be? After all, absolutely no one wants to be stuck in traffic while suffering the ailments that Kaopectate is supposed to relieve. Who knows? In addition to being good for one hell of a laugh, hearing that particular sponsor announcement at that particular time may have also been a bit of serendipity. If I let late night drives to pick up a snack become a habit, I may find myself needing some Kaopectate. Let's hope not.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?