.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

 

“She Opened Government to Everyone”


Austin American-Statesman Photo

Ann Richards, the 45th Governor of Texas, is dead. As reported by the Austin American-Statesman, she "“died Wednesday night at her home surrounded by her family after a battle with cancer, a family spokeswoman said. She was 73."

"Richards was diagnosed with esophageal cancer in March and underwent chemotherapy treatments."

"Her four adult children spent the day with her, said Cathy Bonner, a longtime family friend and family spokeswoman."

Speaking personally, this blogger is absolutely heartbroken. I cannot even begin to express the loss that Texans have suffered tonight. Any such attempt would be an exercise in futility. Instead, I'’ll close this post with a quote from an interview that Richards gave shortly after leaving the Governor'’s mansion.

"I did not want my tombstone to read, 'She kept a really clean house.'’ I think I'd like them to remember me by saying, 'She opened government to everyone.' "”


Comments:
*tear*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?