.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, June 18, 2006

 

Pass The Aspirin

My poor little blog. So neglected. I skipped the entire month of May.

The Texas Democratic Party Convention is now a week behind me. The too-much-politics hangover is finally wearing off.

It's time to try (again) and make a regular go at this thing, so I've done some house cleaning. You'll see some changes to the links in the sidebar. I've added a couple of blog links and updated the candidate links.

Look for some post-convention blogging soon. I learned some things about our candidates. We have a good slate, but no money to promote them. A couple of our candidates actually have the qualifications to do the job (gasp!), so maybe we can make some purple headway in this very red state. I'll be blogging on that soon.

My goal is one post...at least one...every day. We'll see what happens.

Meanwhile, I want to pick a fight with another blogger. Edward Sanders, in declaring his newfound appreciation for Johnny Cash, says that he can detect no particular political leaning in Cash's songs. See if you can spot the doublespeak.

"I did realize by listening to Cash's word that he was neither conservative nor liberal, populist nor progressive hero [sic]. He was his own man who wore black for the 'man in jail who has longed served his time' and the poor and beaten down."

As I responded, "the last time I checked, the only people advocating for prisoners and the poor were liberals, progressives and populists."

Silly conservatives.

Comments:
I think people directly apply partisan definitions to "liberal: Democrat" and "conservative: Republican". It's another affect of our watered-down media.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?