.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 04, 2005

 

I'm On The Road Again...But First, The News

As this is written, I'm making my final preparations for another trip across the south. I'm headed to Starkville this weekend to take part in a fraternity brother's wedding. I'll also help celebrate the cold beer decision (exactly as one should).

I'll have my laptop with me, so there's always a possibility I'll post from the road. Before I go, here are the latest news items of interest to me. Look for a full update on the Texas school funding crisis when I return early next week.

Texas Governor Rick Perry says his primary opponent, Comptroller Carole Keeton...skip a few...Strayhorn (a.k.a. one tough wife), is "selling her soul" by taking money from trial lawyers. As the Dallas Morning News reported yesterday, Perry took some of their money, too. He just laundered it through a couple of PACs. It looks like that Republican Hypocrisy Express is right on time for its regular Austin stop.

Lawrence Teeter, a criminal defense attorney who tried to free Robert F. Kennedy's assassin since 1994, is dead. Of more notoriety than the defendant was the defense. It was very Manchurian Candidate, complete with CIA brainwashing.

Starkville's Ward 4 Alderman, Richard Corey, has an alter ego in Tuscaloosa. My thanks to Adam Telle for this story.

The only declared Democrat in the race for Texas Attorney General (and my favorite candidate for any office), David Van Os, has revamped his website.

Jim Wallis of Sojourners Magazine (to which I subscribe) has an op-ed in this morning's New York Times.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?